Technical Datasheet | Supplied by Lucas Meyer Cosmetics (IFF)
Propanediol (and) Lecithin. PRO-LIPO™ NEO by Lucas Meyer Cosmetics (IFF) is a unique technology developed to easily create customizable homemade natural liposomes, allowing a complete control over the type and concentration of the ingredients to entrap for an optimal efficacy.
- The entrapped ingredients present a higher ability to cross the cutaneous barrier and diffuse through skin layers, leading to the improvement of their bioavailability.
- This preservative-free & ecofriendly ingredient is a ready-to-use mixture of selected phospholipids already organized in lamellar bilayers by their solubilization in an appropriate medium.
- It enhances efficacy for faster and better results.
- It is able to entrap hydrosoluble and/or liposoluble active ingredients.
- It needs low energy steps during the manufacturing process and doesn’t contain alcohol.
- PRO-LIPO™ NEO is used in all types of O/W emulsions & oil-free formulas.
- It is China compliant.
Pro-Lipo™ Neo - Smart liposome technology
Easy preparation for customized liposomes
Lipo- and hydrosoluble active ingredient entrapment
Enhances efficacy for faster and better results
WHY USE LIPOSOMES?
The bio-efficacy of a cosmetic product depends largely on the properties and concentration of the active ingredients it contains. But it depends also on their ability and the time they need to penetrate the skin barrier and reach the biological targets they have to act on.
Originally developed for the pharmaceutical industry for drug delivery, delivery systems are nowadays a major challenge in the cosmetic industry for product efficacy improvement by enhancing the skin penetration of active compounds. These complex technologies are more and more used worldwide for the development of sophisticated and ultra-efficient ingredients emphasizing a high-tech image.
Liposome are microscopic hollow soft vesicles composed of one or more phospholipid bilayers (= unilamellar or multilamellar liposomes) surrounding an aqueous core. They are able to entrap hydrosoluble active ingredients in the internal cavity and liposoluble active ingredients in the lipid bilayer(s) of the membrane.
Because of their cell-like composition, liposomes are efficient biomimetic vectors highly adapted for cosmetic products to improve ingredient percutaneous absorption and efficacy, acting as a non-skin-irritating penetration enhancer.
The entrapped ingredients present a higher ability to cross the cutaneous barrier and diffuse through skin layers, leading to the improvement of their bioavailability.
PRO-LIPO™ NEO: AN EASY TECHNOLOGY TO CREATE CUSTOMIZED LIPOSOMES
Since liposome membranes are usually composed of an optimized combination of various phospholipids, the type and ratio of the different phospholipids have to be carefully chosen in order to prepare the most stable and efficient structure. This development requires a strong technical knowledge that makes it sometimes too complicated for a non-expert formulator.
In order to make the liposome preparation easier, Lucas Meyer Cosmetics offers the Pro-Lipo™ Neo technology.
Pro-Lipo™ Neo is a ready-to-use mixture of selected phospholipids already organized in lamellar bilayers by their solubilization in an appropriate medium.
This pro-liposome structure requires only the addition of a water phase to spontaneously form, at room temperature, an alcohol free suspension of multilamellar liposomes (mainly bilamellar) of a mean size of 250 nm.
This type of liposomes is small enough to present high cutaneous absorption and release the entrapped ingredients while membranes merge with skin one by one.
Able to entrap hydrosoluble and/or liposoluble active ingredients, Pro-Lipo™ Neo technology allows the selection of the type and concentration of the ingredients to entrap, offering the possibility to customize liposomes.
The unique customized liposomes obtained can be named with a personalized trade name to promote a strong marketing and technical talk. They can also be useful to relaunch a range with a second generation of a more efficient active ingredient.
The Pro-Lipo™ Neo technology offers many other advantages:
- It needs low energy steps during the manufacturing process (compared to a classical preparation of liposomes requiring high speed stirring, high pressure, sonication or heat process);
- It doesn’t contain alcohol or preservatives (compared to some ready-to-use liposome suspensions on the market);
- It is suitable for bulk manufacturing and requires no complex equipment;
- It forms natural liposome suspensions (usually found with chemical ingredients).